Legal Counsel Fintech
This position is filled. Do you recognize yourself in the above profile and would you like to be called next time for similar positions? Please send your CV and we will get in touch with you. For more information about our services you can contact Natascha Jonkers (06-51459535) or Desiree Mohrmann (06-51463224). Discretion is guaranteed.
Our client is a leading global trading company with an entrepreneurial culture and vision. Due to rapid growth of our client, a leading global trading company, Skout is searching for an energetic Legal Counsel to join the small Legal Europe department with a focus on employment law, corporate and commercial contracts. You will report directly to the Head of Legal Europe and work in close cooperation with the Trading and Technology teams as well as with the Compliance, Risk, Finance and Tax departments.
As Legal Counsel you will advise the trading teams and the business on all relevant legal matters. These will include:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating different types of contracts and other documents, including NDA’s, company related documentation and IT related contracts;
- Advising on financial, corporate and employment law matters;
- Assisting with corporate housekeeping matters and KYC matters;
- Advising on applicable legislation, including amongst others the Dutch Civil Code (BW), the Dutch Financial Supervision Act (Wft), the Dutch Giro Securities Act (Wge), Capital Requirements Directive (CRD IV), Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and employment law.
What you need to be successful:
- An academic degree Dutch Law;
- 4-7 years of experience in an international law firm and/or in the financial sector;
- Knowledge of or an interest in the financial markets;
- Preferably a background in or experience with employment law matters
- Be a flexible, communicative, pro-active and self-driven professional;
- Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills;
- Full working proficiency in English and Dutch.
Working in a fast growing and challenging global company, surrounded by professionals. Excellent remuneration, training opportunities. Fun place to work, start up culture. Be part of a winning team, excell, learn and bring real value to the company.