Contractmanager Damen Naval Shipbuilding
As Contract Manager you will support (project) management in the process of systematically and efficiently managing contracts. You will deliver support during the proposal and contracting phase, handover to project team, execution of the contract, delivery of the vessel and the warranty period. As Contract Manager you will enable the project management team to maximize operational and financial performance of projects and minimizing risk throughout the contract cycle. You will, in addition, be accountable for the professionalizing of contract management through the contract life cycle.
As Contract Manager you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the legal counsel during negotiations with aligning or revision of appendixes of the main contract and ensures consistency with all terms and conditions.
- Reviewing contracts, appendixes, agreements and other documents, in close cooperation with the legal counsel to ensure consistency between all documents.
- Analyzing the contract terms & conditions and identify areas of possible risks and opportunities related to the application of contract clauses.
- Identifying possible contractual issues and propose for solutions in case of disputes and supports project management on legal and or contractual implications.
- Performing correct administration and documentation during the (pre)contract life cycle, implements changes in contracts and/or appendixes and handling claims when needed during execution of the contract including during warranty period, in close consultation with the legal counsels and (project) management.
- Preparing contract changes for internal review and approval and ensures compliance with company policies as well as applicable laws or regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with the project specific contractual administration requirements.
- Professionalizing contract management through the contract life cycle, including risk management and document control.
- Ensuring subcontracts and other contractual documents are consistent with all terms and conditions in the main contract.
- Maintaining records of all contract correspondence, changes, status reports and other documents as supporting information for any claim or dispute arising during or after the project.
- Monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing, etc.).
As Contract Manager you need to have:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in law and or relevant technical study;
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with contract management, preferable in de shipbuilding industry;
- Knowledge of and experience with (inter)national contract law and corporate law;
- Good command of the Dutch & English language (written & verbal) and good command of the German language is an asset or willingness to learn the German language;
- Although you will be working on various sites it is preferable that you live near Vlissingen.
Damen Naval highly values their employees and they will support your professional and personal development. To that end Damen invests in all employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.